Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Family Ski Day @ Deer Valley Feb. 7, 2009

Every year for the last several years we have coordinated a family ski day at Deer Valley with Scot's siblings and our nieces & nephews. This year, only our immediate family, 2 nieces, 1 nephew, Scot's sister Janna & her boyfriend Brent were able to go.
Deer Valley is our very favorite place to ski. No snowboarders are allowed and you can ski all day, skiing on different runs and lifts. It's huge!!! We don't like to take time off from skiing so we pack snacks and explore as much of the mountains as we can without stopping for breaks.
This year, we hurried to beat the rush and arrived at about 8:50, Saturday morning. It SNOWED and SNOWED and SNOWED. In fact, these pictures were taken just before the huge snowstorm moved in.....We didn't dare get the video camera out!
Emma literally hops off a lift and heads down the hill. If we don't keep our eye on her, she speeds down and out of sight through trees and jumps and whatever she feels like. We were constantly having to yell down the hill "Emma, stop and wait before you take a wrong turn". Fortunately, we didn't lose her!
We were wet, worn out, and chilled by the end of the day (well, maybe just I was), but it was worth it. I also decided to try skiing with toe warmers and what a difference that makes!
I am so lucky to have such a fun family who loves to do things together. Skiing is definitely one our family's top things to do and each year as Emma gets older, we are able to explore and challenge ourselves on the slopes.
Haili, Alex, Sean, & Emma

Sean w/ cousins Ashli & Ciara


Aunt Janna w/ Brent and Casey


I think Alex was in the middle of his 360


Alex hitting some jumps

2 comments:

Hannah Ashmore said...

What a fun trip!

Unknown said...

HOW FUN!! I would love to try my legs at skiing again, but Matt doesn't ski, so I guess we will stick to four-wheeling and camping...glad you guys had such a great time, and even more glad for Alex! AWESOME!!!