When I was working last year, I had house cleaners who tackled my deep cleaning (working moms need a little help). I decided to let that luxury go (mostly decided not to spend the money) and convinced myself that I could keep up.
Ha Ha Ha! It's not going so well and I just can't spend the money for cleaners (I've got kids starting college soon!)
I've divided up weekly jobs that rotate for the my kids as part of their allowance and they are doing an ok job, yet my house still seems so messy and unorganized.
I need help! Suggestions! Anything!
I've lost the desire and need some way to motivate me.
Come on guys, give me your secrets. I see your clean houses!
No pictures will be included in this post.
4 comments:
Well, I must be in the same boat...just about an hour ago I started vacuuming (3:30 pm) and Mind called while the vacuum was running, she made the comment "Well, look at you little miss house cleaner" I replied "Oh, I just made my bed for the day about five minutes ago" Yes, this is how it goes for me every day! Sorry, no advice, just do a little at a time and then you can re-do it again tomorrow...LOL!!
I don't have a lot of advice. I just try to pick one big job a day to focus on. I feel good if I can get that done. The laundry will never be "done" and the bathrooms are never clean, it's just how life works.
Hmmm. I once heard Dr. Laura give advice on this. She told a mom to focus on ONLY one room a day until the house was deep cleaned, then spend 15 minutes to 30 minutes everyday doing quick spot cleaning of the whole house. I hope that helps! I can always deliver fresh, homebaked bread as a reward when your house is clean, too. Just let me know. :) Maybe it's also time for a DI run. Also, I'll totally come over and help you paint. I have lots of experience painting house walls as well. It's not fun, but it's fun with a crowd.
Also, maybe you could rearrange some stuff. It makes you feel like you're in a new space without buying new stuff.
Post a Comment