Saturday, July 12, 2008

Grandpa Marsden

Last visit with great-grandpa Marsden


Grandpa Marsden has stopped eating, stopped drinking, and is growing nearer to his passing. It is all happening so fast that I feel my head is spinning. Just one week ago he was walking, talking, and eating (very small amounts). He has lived 12 long years without Grandma Marsden by his side and I'm sure he is looking forward to being reunited with family and friends.

Yesterday, July 11th, I took Haili, Emma, and Sean out to Tooele to visit him. Emma always refers to Grandpa as "the Grandpa that loves me". I love how he always told the kids how much he loved them. Haili was a little bit nervous in seeing him, but has prayed for Grandpa every night.

The reality of not having my Grandpa around is starting to sink in and I am missing him already. He is someone that I have looked up to and admired my whole life. It has been such a privilege to be a part of his care giving these last several months. I will be forever grateful to have spent the time with him.

No comments: