So today is Tuesday and I am a free mom! All my kids are in school!
Haili and Emma are going to Cascade Elementary this year. They both have very nice teachers and are excited to make new friends. It was hard to give up going to Ivy Hall this year, but we are going to supplement Math and writing as long as they are enrolled in Public school. I have to admit that it so nice to not have to drive them across town anymore. We just hop on our bikes and ride the 1/2 mile to school.
Sean starts his first day at UCAS High school today. Yesterday they had a social for the new students and Sean claims that all the kids he hoped to never see again from CVJH (the nerdy, annoying ones), were at his new school. He said the few cool kids that were at the school were following him around (he thinks he's pretty cool). He isn't letting the fact that he is going to this school get him down, after all, he is taking college classes in 10th grade at UVU and will have his Associates degree by the time he graduates High School. He is pretty excited by that!
Alex decided that he feels better enough to go to school this year and graduate. We spent several hours working with his counselor to get him a schedule that he will be able to handle. Alex's boating accident last August, along with the other concussions made it very hard to function in school last year, leaving him with a lot of make-up credits. The doctors said that time heals and hopefully this has happened for him. He is excited about doing Unified Studies (outdoor learning through hiking, biking, skiing, etc.).
Haili and Emma are going to Cascade Elementary this year. They both have very nice teachers and are excited to make new friends. It was hard to give up going to Ivy Hall this year, but we are going to supplement Math and writing as long as they are enrolled in Public school. I have to admit that it so nice to not have to drive them across town anymore. We just hop on our bikes and ride the 1/2 mile to school.
Sean starts his first day at UCAS High school today. Yesterday they had a social for the new students and Sean claims that all the kids he hoped to never see again from CVJH (the nerdy, annoying ones), were at his new school. He said the few cool kids that were at the school were following him around (he thinks he's pretty cool). He isn't letting the fact that he is going to this school get him down, after all, he is taking college classes in 10th grade at UVU and will have his Associates degree by the time he graduates High School. He is pretty excited by that!
Alex decided that he feels better enough to go to school this year and graduate. We spent several hours working with his counselor to get him a schedule that he will be able to handle. Alex's boating accident last August, along with the other concussions made it very hard to function in school last year, leaving him with a lot of make-up credits. The doctors said that time heals and hopefully this has happened for him. He is excited about doing Unified Studies (outdoor learning through hiking, biking, skiing, etc.).
6 comments:
The girls look excited! Sean, not so much! Bayli said the girls loved their new school, mostly because they get to wear "jeans"! Thanks for having the kids, check out my blog, I got a bit bored!
Hey Cori. I didnt know your girls left ivy hall. are you still teaching there? i cant belive how grown up your little girls are. tell them to slow down! :)
Hi Cori, I found your blog on your facebook page. It's so cute! I hope you can find some time to do some stuff for yourself now that your kids are starting school!
HELLO HELLO!! I found your blog just a couple of days ago through Jane Rhodes' blog and I was SO excited... I love your cute girls, so sad they aren't at Ivy Hall, but you gotta do what you gotta do. You are one of the greatest people I know, I wish everyone could know how much you helped Zack progress in life. I'm going to peek in on you guys now that I know where to find you :) Hope all is well at home... Your story about seeing Zack today made me laugh... what a butt. He has been thinking that he is SO BIG these past few days..(afterall, there are kids at Ivy Hall that are younger than him now).. he's been acting like such a macho man... so it doesn't surprise me that he acted that way. I just asked him about it and he said, "yea I saw her and I gave her a huge hug".. lol. He has an imagination, that's for sure. You're the best, so glad you wrote!
Post a Comment