Thursday, February 12, 2009

Little things make it all better

So I was having one of those "I can't get out of bed today" days where worries of the world and your family start to creep in and consume you! Anybody ever have that day? I don't consider myself to be a depressed person at all, yet every once in awhile I throw myself a pity party and lay there dreading the tasks that lay ahead of me.


This went on till about 9:00 A.M. (These spells usually don't last long). I pull myself out of bed and half heartily make my way through the house doing the usual dishes and pick up routine. This makes me feel even worse because I see the things that I should be getting done (laundry, cleaning out the fridge, and lots and lots of spring cleaning).


I stumble across a 1/2 eaten candy bar and eat it! What was I thinking!!!! Of course I kick myself immediately because I know that it starts my cravings for chocolate. Luckily after searching the old Easter & Halloween candy that my kids still have in their rooms (yes, it is disgusting how they save and save), I find that my favorites have already been eaten....whew! That probably saved me from gaining a pound or two!


I head to my calendar to see what I have to do today and how I can get out of it. I had totally forgotten that I had planned lunch with my friend Bonnie. I seriously considered cancelling! This is totally NOT like me! I dialed her number, then hung up remembering a class I recently took about dealing with stress. One of the things they suggested was going to lunch with a friend, so I head out the door to meet her.


It was fun! I enjoy chatting about randoms and keeping my mind off of depressing issues. I left feeling a little rejuvenated, but what do you know, the dang clouds are making Utah Valley cold and dreary:( So much for lunch therapy!


I headed over to Costco to pick up a few items. As I was browsing the store trying to buy without my list, I came across these lovely lounge pants. I have 2 other sets at home that I've had for a couple of years and they are my favorite! Instantly the thought of having another set makes me feel better:)! I had to buy them! I knew the comfort they provide when I'm hanging out at home (Ok, sometimes I run errands in them, but seriously who hasn't?). Buying them makes me think of happy thoughts like snuggling on the couch with a good book or watching a movie with my family. I'm CURRED...... I practically skipped up to the register anticipating wearing them!


$16.99 for the pair!



Why is it that something so ridiculous can make a bad day turn good? My attitude changed and the rest of the day went on positively. Am I crazy, going crazy, or is this normal? I'm stumped blogging about it..... Of course in my new comfy lounge pants!

8 comments:

Katie said...

I always have days like that, where it's just something little that makes all the difference. I think part of it is a feeling of finally, something went right today. Kinda like when we search for happiness we'll find it, even in a pair of comfy pants!

DizzyLizzy said...

I can totally relate! And I'm glad you found the lounge pants. Now, I need a pair!

Unknown said...

Yeah, I want some...those look so fun and right up my ally! Hope things are lookin' up for ya!

Amberly said...

I think comfortable pants make everything better. Long winters are hard, and this one has been very long! I think all of us are ready for some spring and some sunshine!!

Jessica said...

Man, you're good. I totally would've cancelled the lunch date and had a pity party all day. Something about the darn over cast skies, cold weather and cabin fever that really get me down. I hate days like that. I always try to find something that cheers my day. Buying something comfy like those pants would've cheered me up too! I'm glad you did it! You deserve it anyway.

Unknown said...

Yes, I have TOTALLY had those days. Call me anytime girl. I'm glad you called Bonnie.

JENNE said...

I totally love those lounge pants. I do yoga in them all the time. They are the best. Come and join me. I would love to see you and Bonnie.

JENNE said...

I totally love those lounge pants. I do yoga in them all the time. They are the best. Come and join me. I would love to see you and Bonnie.