This is why we don't do more quick planned getaways!
My journal - so it is not forgotten next Labor Day when I think, "Scot, we need to get away for at least a night?".
Sunday, August 31 - Today we are headed up to the Homestead in Midway for a relaxing getaway this Labor Day weekend. In the past, we've ventured to Starvation for our annual camping trip with the Parratts, but this weekend predicted rain so we thought it wise to shake up our traditions last minute and try another adventure.
1:50 P.M.ten minutes before departure
1. Car packed and girls in the car, excited and ready to go.
2. Tugzi sitting in the car excited to be going anywhere -packed and ready for Grandma's.
3. Sean sulking, wondering why he is committed to this torturous weekend away from friends.
4. Alex, Alex, Alex
Oh
"Alex, wake up we're ready to go", I call.
"Nooooo, where are we going?", replies Alex.
3:00 P.M. arrive at the Homestead
1. Haili and Emma so excited to check the place out!
2. Sean explores a little, but still not happy about coming.
3. Alex complaining about not having car privileges right now - Did you know that if you have an extra car, you are obligated to share with your 17 year old no matter what? I didn't know this, therefor I am stupid!
4:00 P.M. swimming in the indoor pools (raining outside)
1. Haili and Emma having so much fun with little Alex and Macyn Parratt.
2. Alex, Sean, and Jake P. wandering around, refusing to go swimming. We point out all the bikini girls, but they are just not hot enough! I give up and go back to watching my little kids have fun in the pool.
5:30 P.M. Adults go to dinner
1. Alex and Sean upset that they have to babysit girls while we go to dinner.
2. Haili and Emma upset that they have to stay with the boys while we go to dinner.
7:30 P.M.
1. Dads feel guilty about boys having to babysit, so they offer to take them to a movie in Park City.
2. Girls happy about having the evening without teenage boys, so they agree!
Monday, Sept. 1 - Things don't start off any better. It rains hard and is extremely cold (we didn't prepare for 40 degree weather)!
8:00 A.M.
1. I take the little girls down to the pool where they swim and I exercise doing my laps.
10:00 A.M.
1. I head back to the room to rouse the boys up - Alex jumps up while pulling his pants on and hits his head on the ceiling fan (Hello, you're tall). Many bleep, bleep, bleep words are expressed! 2. Sean and I hold laughter in until after Alex leaves the room, then we explode.
12:00 P.M.
1. We check out of hotel and head to Park City
2. We are starved and looking for a fun place to go to lunch.
2:00 P.M.
1. Still looking for a fun place to go to lunch - it is so crowded.
2. Scot needs an anxiety pill!
3. We are ready to give up and just go to McDonald's
2:30 P.M.
1. Ruby Tuesdays it is - not too crowded and closer to the outlets!
2. Everyone Happy!!!!!!
4:00 P.M.
1. $100 later, but everyone still happy!!!!
2. Leaving the restaurant we run into the Cook family - I sure miss Kayman, Milan, & Ashtyn.
4:30 P.M. Boys & I shopping / Scot & girls shopping - strange!!
1. Alex happy about finding an awesome backpack and shirt at Zumiez!
2. Sean happy about finding an awesome sweatshirt ($11) at Zumiez and wallet at Vans!
3. I'm happy that boys are happy and that we got such a sweet deal on the sweatshirt!
3. Girls are happy about picking out outfits at Old Navy with Dad!
4. Scot is happy because his anxiety pill has taken effect and he is in la-la-land!
6:00 P.M. On our way home
1. Alex says, "Thanks mom and dad for the fun weekend, backpack, and sick shirt."
2. Sean says, "Thanks mom and dad for the sweet sweatshirt and wasn't I kind on your wallets?" 3. Haili and Emma say, "Thanks mom and dad for the cute outfits at Old Navy - all six of them!"
4. I say, "I didn't know that we bought you six outfits?"
5. Scot chilling in the passenger seat still in la-la-land!
So, in the end we discovered that we should of just gone shopping in Park City and ditched the rest of the weekend! Oh well, maybe next year!


4 comments:
Hi Cori! Thank you, you are so sweet! I got my background on: thecutestblogontheblock.com- I am still not sure I will be able to figure it out, I am too used to all the other networks that I have "mastered"! :) Your kids are so cute!
Glad it turned out alright and so impressed you got a swim in!!
Wow! What a weekend! My motto: "Anything that is fun, is a lot of work!" I say it over and over every time we do any type of trip or outing with the kids...just think of the memories! :)
Awesome. You guys are such a cool family.
Post a Comment