Thursday, November 13, 2008

Triathlon

We made it!

Saturday, my friend Katie and I completed our first triathlon! It was so much harder than I anticipated, yet we both made it within the time we expected. Our friend Carlie trained with us this summer, but she had to be out of town for a wedding...bummer! We prepared ourselves by early morning exercise, rotating between swimming, running, biking (indoor & outdoor), and hiking the Y.

I wasn't feeling the greatest that day, having symptoms of an early cold. That little cold turned into a massive sickness attacking my sinuses and lungs. Today is the first day I am out of bed and doing something productive (blogging ha ha). However, it did take a trip to the doctor yesterday to get some much needed antibiotics (thank heavens for those lovely pink pills).

It was awesome and such a great accomplishment....I didn't think I could do it.

1 comment:

JENNE said...

Cori,
Congrats! Which triathlon was it? Come and join the tater girls next summer and do the the Spudman.
Way to go!
Jen