Friday, December 19, 2008

This week!

When you send out a request for snow, you just might get what you ask for and WOW! My kids had a blast spinning around on the 4-wheelers. I always get nervous since Sean rolled one in August, resulting in a very scary trip to the ER.

Emma, Alex, & Haili


I walked out to get pics of the kids and when I turned around I felt like I was looking at a giant Gingerbread house! Just missing the colorful candy.

Here is Alex and Emma trying to run over Haili...I swear my boys life-long goal is to give their mother a heart attack!


Alex got some serious spins going.



Sean had fun making and throwing snowballs at everyone!
Monday afternoon I get a call from the girls school that I should attend the Tuesday assembly. I had no idea why, but I grabbed my camera just in case and headed over to the school. It turns out that Haili had entered two paintings in the Reflection contest and she won one of them and got an honorable mention for the other. So I was all proud and snapped some pictures of her. I was about to leave, but decided to stay and to my even bigger surprise Emma had entered a story and won an honorable mention as well. The girls won tickets to the Hale theater and Clarke Planetarium. They were so excited!

Emma accepting her ribbon and tickets


Haili getting her medal and tickets

Thursday was the school program, so Scot and I went over to watch. I have to admit that it was a far cry from Ivy Hall's AMAZING Christmas programs, but the girls looked cute and we enjoyed it anyway.
Emma is on the front row to the right of the girl with the green shirt.


Haili is right in the middle of this picture.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very fun! Looks like our neighborhood with the kids on the four-wheelers...I love that they have something to keep them entertained as we begin this LOOOOONG winter's break, but I HATE the wet clothes!

DizzyLizzy said...

I miss the snow!!!! We've only got ice here so far. And it's terribly cold!!!!
Your girls are darling!